SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
citymomof3

Laundry Room Makeover

16 years ago

Hey, everybody! Let the spring projects begin! Our list is quite long, but I'm excited to freshen things up a bit! You have helped me so much with all of your wonderful suggestions and opinions, so I wanted to see what you thought I should do with my VERY blah laundry room.

Here is what is looks like now. The paint color is a neutral yellow that runs throughout my main floor, but I'd like to go with a different color in there I think. It's gotten a bit dingy looking and I don't know if the yellow looks so great in there since there's no natural lighting. This room isn't very large - it's right off the garage and kitchen.

Do you think I could pull off a brighter green in here?? Or should I go with a darker version (more gold) of what is already on the walls? I have also considered a red in here. What do you think would look best?? We need to finish the wainscoting that never got finished by the garage door. I also need some fun art or something on the walls. Here is the tile we'll be putting in here and in the powder room next to it...

Also, do you think I could get away with painting the garage door another color than white?? All of my interior doors are white, but this just looks like a prison door or something!! Any suggestions there? I want to make this room look more interesting even though it's so small. I would appreciate any of your ideas! Thanks so much!

Comments (18)