SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Me and my half-baked kitchen

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

This is what happens when a colorphobe tries to branch out; a bit of craziness.

Since we bought our beachhouse last fall, I have sworn allegiance to, at times, a yellow fridge, a turquoise fridge, and finally a white fridge. Well, not quite finally.

Because I went and ordered a turquoise fridge. When you enter through the back door, the fridge is the first thing you see "across a crowded room" and I wanted it to telegraph "vacation". It sure does.

In the interim, I also killed off my Marmoleum floors in grey and white diamond. They may call it "white marble" but it is a peachy tan and it looked horrible in situ (partly perhaps because it is a bit of a dark, North-facing room.) I am now just having them paint the wooden floors off white.

So, in this photo, everything on the bottom half is a given; ordered and final. The top image shows a rough layout of the most important wall for the main part of the kitchen.

The question is, given the fridge, what color do I paint the two pieces (being custom made) that are denoted with blue arrows?

I had planned on Teresa's Green when I had a white fridge selected, but it is too dull up against the new fridge I chose.

I can't imagine repeating the fridge color, as that would be too much (i probably will repeat it by painting the back of the hutch to match, rather than use the spoon wallpaper ... spoon wallpaper will go in the butler's pantry cabs then).

There is some navy in the chairs, but won't that look like a black hole?

My next thought is grey, but what shade?

Thanks in advance.

{{gwi:1634673}}

Comments (93)