SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Please vote -- new entryway light

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I hate my brass entryway light and want a new one. Current light, from the bottom:

and from the top (please excuse the horrid lighting and disarray):

My mom (who's still moving in, hence the disarray) hates one of my choices, a schoolhouse light from Rejuvenation. I already have one in my breakfast nook

and three smaller ones above my kitchen island. I like this style! I'm considering the same style but because of the vaulted ceiling, I would need a chain. The breakfast nook and kitchen are not near the entryway. On the one hand, it's got a clean, simple, classic line; on the other hand, my mom thinks it's boring and I already have enough schoolhouse fixtures in the house.

I also like Moravian stars, like the one in this link (sorry, can't embed). On the one hand, it seems a little on the hippy-Pier-1 side; on the other hand, I've been seeing it in decor magazines, so I guess it's in style; on the other hand, I don't want something that'll be stylish this year and unstylish the next.

I've been looking for a long time. I don't like traditional chandeliers or bowls, and I hate being able to see the light bulb. My mom does not get the final vote, even though she thinks she knows something about decorating and I know I don't know anything. Please let me know your thoughts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Moravian Star

Comments (28)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH