SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Alert! turkey skin, nuts, raisins, grapes chocolate and dogs!

sooz
15 years ago

I thought I'd share this here as we approach Thanksgiving.

Hopefully we all know by now that chocolate can be poisonous to dogs. Sure, there are different kinds of chocolate, different levels of cocoa etc, but why take a chance. Years ago, one of my colleague's dog died because he had a piece of the kids chocolate birthday cake...he was kept outside so no one noticed his feeling ill during the late afternoon/evening, but they found him dead in the morning. Everyone was so upset, and the owners called the vet to see what possibly could have happened as Rugby was a young dog, and they told the vet what Rugby had eaten. The owners didn't know chocolate was poisonous.

Dogs eating turkey skin might get pancreatitis and this can be serious! That means a trip to the vet E.R. because vet offices are closed on holidays, and the doggie E.R. is expensive! I've always read this about turkey skin, so I remind my DH about this.

Other things that don't agree with dogs are some nuts, grapes, and raisins.

If you need more info, just google it. Hopefully, this info is helpful as we all celebrate and give thanks, for one another, and for our four-legged furry friends as well.

Smiles,

Sooz

Comments (22)