SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minniemom_gw

How would you decorate my formal area?

16 years ago

Well, since I am now addicted to this site and it keeps me up at night, I figure it is time to really pick some of your brains.

I had my dining room painted 7 months ago and haven't really done too much with it. DH and I have had this tapestry forever and just love it. We found these two plates and he wanted to add them to the tapestry. I think they look ok, but feel like they are missing something - like color? I love the chocolate wall, but I need to add something to make the room come alive. I haven't picked out curtains yet. Am not sure of full length or a valance.

The room transitions into my formal living room as well. There wasn't enough room in the dining room for the hutch, so it had to go into the living room - which I hate the idea of, but there is no getting around it. The chase that is in there is just from my family room sectional for now to give it something. The area is small, we were thinking of a loveseat and chair.

Sorry this is so long - here come the pics

When you walk into the front dbl door, the stairs are in front of you and the f/l/r is directly to your right with the d/r behind that.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!