SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

Very frustrated! I can't get a pre-natal appointment til July!

nicole_ont
16 years ago

I just called my old obstetrician (I've moved to a new city since I saw him last) and asked to be referred to one around here. They gave me the names of the 2 obstetricians in the area that I could call. I don't know if they're the ONLY two, but that's the impression I got.

I called both of them, and they're both booked solid up until JULY! I'd be almost 6 months pregnant before I got my first appointment! Also, they both told me that I had to be referred by my family doctor. I don't have a family doctor, so it would have to be walk-in. So I don't even have a family doctor to go to in the meantime for prenatal appointments, and it's impossible to get one. Claude went to walk-in recently (gout), and asked about doctors accepting new patients and apparently there aren't any. I called a couple of the family doctors that I found online that SAID they were accepting new patients, but they're not really.

ARG!

So I'll go to walk-in tomorrow and see what happens, I guess. I don't like the idea of going to walk-in (or even a family doctor for that matter) for prenatal appointments. I was considering calling a midwife, but that makes me nervous - even delivering in a hospital with a midwife. I had some weird stuff happen when I was pregnant with my other 2 that I really needed a doctor for.

Anyhow, I just needed to have a little vent. Thanks for listening. I'll update once I know what I'm doing. :)

Comments (22)