SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Do you think getting healthcare is FRUSTRATING?

claire_de_luna
18 years ago

OMG. So I'm still coughing after the first round of antibiotics. Yes, they helped, but I felt like two to four more days worth might have kicked me over to the healthy side. My husband calls the Dr.'s office for me, and is told by the nurse (whom I think is passive aggressive anyway) they can't do anything until they see me again. Of course by the time I get that news, it's late in the afternoon and I can't get an appointment anyway. I give up, because it's a Friday, and think if I'm still feeling bad I'll call and make an appointment on Monday. I call Monday (finally) at 4:30 p.m., and am told I can't have an appointment until Wednesday. If I wait until tommorrow morning to call, I can get a stand-in appointment for that day. Never mind that if I need antibiotics (still) to clear this thing up, it's now harder to get well because I've stopped taking them.

How and WHEN did getting a simple Dr.'s appointment get so complicated? I feel like I have to jump through Hoops because no one is flexible (or concerned) enough to just make the *amn appointment. If I'd gotten better the FIRST time I was there, I wouldn't be calling back.

To top it off, I have an appointment with my Dr. next week, that I made three months ago for a physical. I'm very tempted to cancel, because they are making it so hard on me right now when all I'm trying to do is get well. I've been coughing for 4 weeks and I'm Tired. Sucking the equivalent of an entire package of Fisherman's Friend a day is nauseating. What's UP with that?

Three office calls in five weeks is Entirely Too Much...

Forgive me. I need to vent because I'm sick of this. Am I the only one who has been marooned on the island of ''Make it Hard on the Patient?''

Comments (30)