SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

PICS! Help me paint Master Bedroom! Green??

nutmegxo
13 years ago

(I have a previous thread on here asking for help to pick a color for my master bedroom walls....many people suggested that I choose a light shade of green and I think that is what I am going to do.)

I just purchased this French Country bedding and the challenge is to find a color to paint the bedroom walls that will not only look beautiful with the bedding, but will also flow well with the SW Whole Wheat color out in the hallway.

This is the view coming up the stairs...there are french doors opening to the master bedroom so the room is very open to the hallway (so really important to make it flow well with the hallway color).

{{!gwi}}

Straight ahead is the sitting area...

{{!gwi}}

To the right is the bed...

{{!gwi}}

Close-up views of bedding and fabric...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

All windows in the room have coordinating curtains that match the bedding...

{{!gwi}}

Just another view of the room...

{{!gwi}}

And here is the view from inside the room looking out into the hallway that is painted Whole Wheat...

{{!gwi}}

The room is large and gets lots of light. My original idea was to paint the wall behind the headboard a lighter shade of whatever color I paint the remaining walls but I am not sure if that will make the room appear cluttered. Initially I was thinking that I would paint the walls a yellowish golden color to match the golden shams but now I am leaning towards green because so many of you suggested it would look good and I also like green because it is soothing and calming for a bedroom. Also, I am afraid that if I choose a gold color, it will clash with the Whole Wheat color (Whole Wheat IS gold, but it does have greenish cast to it) and I am afraid that if I paint the bedroom a different gold color that it will clash badly with the hallway...does that make sense?

So now the idea of green has grown on me. I do have BM's Dried Basil in the downstairs living room which I love. So I could use a lighter shade off that same card...perhaps Spanish Olive. However, when I played around with green swatches, it seems that BM's Apple Blossom or Sweet Caroline blend the best with the greens in the bedding.

What do you all think? What do you think would look best and should I paint all walls the same color or would the wall behind the headboard look nice with a paler shade of whatever color I choose? Thanks so much if you have read through this post this far!! :)

Comments (8)