SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Suggestions for a Ben Moore green paint color in master bedroom

dorry2
15 years ago

I am planning to have the master bedroom painted and am interested in a BMoore soft sagey green. The room has two west-facing windows and one south-facing window, so it is flooded with sunlight in the afternoon.

Any suggestions are appreciated and pictures would be be great!

Comments (18)

• lisa_mocha
    15 years ago

I used Benjamin Moore Soft Fern in my last home in the master bedroom. Sorry-no pictures, but I can say that I loved it! It was a very soft, calming, green.
    (fyi-looking at the colour on an on-line chip doesn't do it any justice.)

• msrose
    15 years ago

I was searching for an old post and came across one where bbstx used SW Svelte Sage in her kitchen, but she had it mixed in BM.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: bbstx's kitchen

• msrose
    15 years ago

Nantucket Gray is another color I like and I forgot to make a note of whose picture this is. Can someone tell me?

Laurie

NANTUCKET GRAY
    {{!gwi}}

• dorry2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, love the Nantucket Gray, which appears to have some green in it. I will look up Soft Fern. Anymore suggestions...pictures? I have a sample of Rosemary Spring, might might be too dark.

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

What about SW Grassland?

• Bunny
    15 years ago

I thought I replied to this thread earlier. I'm planning to paint my bedroom BM Camouflage, a little lighter than Nantucket Gray, but in the same family of gray/green with a bit of tan. My bedroom faces east and gets flooded with morning sun, then a lot of afternoon reflected light from the too-close two-story house behind me. I was also considering KM Cypress (no longer on fan decks but they still make it up), but think I'll be happier with the lighter Camouflage.

• homersmom
    15 years ago

Our bedroom is BM Flowering Herb. Our bay window faces north, so we don't get alot of light. I'm very happy with the color - doesn't scream GREEN to me.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• dorry2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you everyone for your input and pics. i picked up sample pots from BMoore of saybrook sage, nantucket. all of the greens suggested are very nice. i thought the nantucket would be too gray, but after looking at a larger sample, i think it will work. i dont want too dark or too light of a green. i plan to have the comforter or bedspread made in a black and white toile, with window treatments to match. i think this will be a soothing effect with the green. will post pics when room is complete,which will be a while, since i havent even started looking for the fabric. i am thinking that will not be too difficult since i like many of the toile scenes. anyone have a saybrook sage room??? If so, please post a pic.

• peytonroad
    15 years ago

ugh, I did the saybrook sage and it turned colors on me!
    Really it was bad. I highly recommend you getting the little 4 dollar sample and painting it on posterboard. It was like bile to me in my lighting.

I am using BM Baby turtle in my kitchen eating area. I will post pictures tomorrow as it is being painted today!

I LOVED my GUMLEAF from Duron. It is soo pretty and just green-soothing and calm. I recommend it in BM paint. I wanted a change after 12 years of it but if I don't like the Turtle, I will repaint!

I also had the Danville Tan and it is really a nondiscriminat color. Did not like it with light and in shadow. Just my two cents since you asked! The old salem gray is a very dark green that looks JUST like the card. I have treied many samples of BM green looking for that right one. That Nantucket does look good!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Yep, that's my desk and the Nantucket Gray. Here is another photo of the color

Now the two greens I really love are the ones I used in my foyer. Here is a photo. Ceiling is BM Grecian Green and walls are BM Tree Moss

{{gwi:1438904}}

• msrose
    15 years ago

Thank you, Brutuses. I thought it might be yours, but I wasn't sure.

Laurie

• dorry2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bruteses...lovely wall color - clean and crisp with the white trim, which i always love. I am going to check out the tree moss and grecian green. Peytonroad, the SSage appears blue on the larger sample, so it will be interesting how it appears on my walls. might not be green enough. Will keep you posted.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Since you mentioned the black and white toile, I thought I'd post this photo for you to get a visual with my fabric, which is actually a cream and black. Here is a photoshop mock up someone did for me with the fabric and style valance I'll have in the office. Along with the white shutters.

• bungalow_house
    15 years ago

I have found it hard to get "sage" right. I kept picking out a green with a bit of gray. On the wall, it just looked green. So finally I picked a gray with a bit of green, and THAT was what I was after. Of course that's before I discovered the helpful folks here.

This room gets northeast light. It's hard to photograph, so probably not very helpful, but here it is anyway, Benjamin Moore October Mist.

Good luck!

• joycedc
    15 years ago

I used BM Dried Parsley. I also like SW Palm Green.

• brutuses
    15 years ago

October Mist is a very pretty green also. BM Paris Rain is also a nice green.

• dorry2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Bungalow House - that is a very nice green. Your bedroom is fresh and I like the nice contrast with the white trim. Which white did you use? Dove White by chance? I will add that to the list. I have an ongoing list of paint colors from all of you wonderful cyberfriends. I will return to my BM store and pick up the swatches. Brutuses, thank you for posting the photo shop pic. Love the window treatments with those shutters.

I love this forum and all of the help I have received over the years. Only problem, it is addictive. I could spend hours on this site. Will be around more often since I have a number of projects going on this spring.

Thanks to all of you!

• bungalow_house
    15 years ago

Thanks, Dorry. The trim is BM Lancaster White. It's a bit more yellow than I intended, but it will do until it needs a re-paint.

And I agree with Brutuses about Paris Rain. I never did sample it but I carried the chip around for a long time.