SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Dressers- aesthetics vs. storage ?? PICS

lauren0319
13 years ago

I am happy to report that progress has been made on our master bedroom. I ordered our bed yesterday (Vintage Patina by Bernhardt) in a molasses finish which is dark dark wood with an almost black stain.

{{!gwi}}

I do not like the chests and dressers that come with the set so I am on the hunt for something different. It needs to have a bit of black to it and also be a little distressed (to match the bed.)

I really really like the *look* of the dresser and chest in the Barclay Square collection by Lexington.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

But, the drawback is the drawers are puny. We do not have a lot of storage so the more drawer space the better.

Then I stumbled upon these, also by Lexington. (the Fieldale Lodge collection.) I am not as fond of the look, but they do go w/ the bed. The are nearly the same size as the Barclay Square collection, but all the drawers are much more substantial and would give me a lot more storage.

{{!gwi}}

They are priced nearly the same.... and are NOT cheap. Each piece is about $1,650, so I'm looking at over $3K in just dressers and chests.

WDYT? I don't mind spending the money as I believe good dressers are invaluable and this is something we will have and use forever. I understand Lexington is amazing quality.

I am leaning towards the Barclay Square set... I just really like the look of it. I'm just worried that I will regret the small drawers and lack of storage. I mean, honestly, those 4 top drawers on the dresser are worthless to me.

What would you pick? And/or should I keep looking? Any other recs?

Thanks for your time!! I am linking the Barclay Square set below if you want to look at details... you can also check out the Fieldale Lodge (top collection on the left.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Barclay Square by Lexington

Comments (13)