SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creekw

New member confused on where to begin

creekw
12 years ago

Realty enjoying your posts and decided to jump in. Getting ready to retire and wanting to update my home. Just beginning in the kitchen. Walls are BM Fernwood. Blinds have been updated to white 2" faux wood. I am getting quotes and shopping for countertops, electric range, refrigerator, and countertops with sink and faucets. Thinking to paint oak cabinets white. The flooring is a cream ceramic tile that will stay.

I have confused myself looking at all of the project. What should I work on first? I started getting quotes for paining for the cabinets, but got distracted. Appliances are on sale, so I have been researching them. I want a warm traditional/ contemporary style I believe. do I get the appliances, put in the countertop, or make decisions about the cabinets?

Not sure yet how to post a picture.

Appreciate your input!

Should I paint the oak cabinets?

Should I have a light countertop to go with the light floor tile, or is the tuba I am thinking of be ok?

I was thinking to go with white appliances, but their are more selections in stainless. I do not plan on changing the white dishwasher.

Should I go with a slide in range with new countertops or a standalone?

Love the look of the French door fridges, but may have to do side by side due heavy bottom freezer. Same for double oven.

So, I am already tired and need to be pointed in the right direction.

Here is a pic

Comments (3)