SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azpatriot66

New Member. Question/Propsal

azpatriot66
18 years ago

Hello everyone.

I am a new member here in Arizona. I know very little about gardening and things Japanese, except for visits when in the military and practicing Aikido. I live in Tucson around 100 miles from the border with Mexico. I am begining to start landscaping my backyard that now consists of a half-dead lemon tree and dirt. I have been at this house for 2 years and have only just recently been able to redo the front of the house and now the backyard beckons. I have a fairly good sized yard (roughly 1800 sqft with a stone wall) 2/3rds of the yard will be turned into a conventional Arizona yard of decomposed granite, planter and BBQ (very low maintainace. The remaing 1/3rd I want to block off and create a garden for myself and wife to enjoy. Being in Arizona is abit of a challange with tempetures here this year being as high as 113F. I have bought books and read articles on creating a garden but landscappers here (unless you want to pay 75,000 USD or more have no clue on creating this type of enviroment. Right now there is debris and dirt in the area where I want to start my garden (truly begining from scratch) I have learned more here in the last few day's then all of the books I have read that I would love some input on an ongoing basis. I would like to post pictures of the area and just soak in all the ideas that everyone has. As the garden progresses I will post updated pictures. I feel this project will take several years as time and money dictate, but this novice would greatly appreciate any helping hand.

Regards

Erik

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living