SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connieinnd

Something is not right with our Chihuahua

nodakgal
15 years ago

but we don't know what!

Our town has a vet in town M-W-F so I will call and get an appointment and see if they know whats going on. I was going to do it this week for a teeth cleaning but I think I will wait til I see what they say.

Mac is going to be 6 in November. A few weeks ago, (I can't remember for sure how long)whenever DS whom he adores stopped over or he got excited Mac would start making this hacking/choking sound. DS would have to pet him til he calmed down and all was fine. I did look up online and it seems some Chihuahuas do this?

Now yesterday mid morning DH and I noticed he didn't seem "right", he wasn't acting like himself. We heard him give a sort of cross between a whine/choke a couple times, when the mail man delivered mail. Usually he growls or barks when he hears the mail box rattle. He just looked down in the dumps and we felt him all over to see if he had any discomfort that we could tell. Nothing. He's ate,and pottied normally.

DS stopped today to see him and he was happy to see him and went to DS. None of the usual jumping waist high and excitedness and hacking/choking type sound he made.

Good gosh we know something isn't right, but I don't even know what to tell the vet? I mean I can tell them what I told you but I haven't seen any type of injury, he is leashed and not allowed to roam. DH said they are going to need more information than what we know.

Darn it I wish it was something I could tell more about!

I know there are Chi owners here, do your dogs get excited and hack like something is caught in their throats?

Going to call the office and speak to the receptionist once I know she is back from lunch.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County