SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tricia257_gw

Vote--Help me choose a light, please

tricia257
11 years ago

I need to choose new lights (pendant over sink, esp.) and I'm having trouble because I really love interesting lights and I can't decide.

Also, I need a ceiling fan so I have to coordinate any possible light on the fan with the pendant over the sink. The only reason I would have a light on the fan would be to wash the ceiling with light as I already have lots of can lights that go down. I have an 8' ceiling and I think it looks "higher" if it's brighter.

My style is tradtional (farmhouse sink, raised panel cabinets), but hopefully not stuffy or boring. I think I'm too formal for the industrustrial type pendants.

The safest choice is probably the vintage light with white glass I could coordinate this with a white glass drum on the fan.

There are no clear glass fan lights that I like so If I choose the bell jar or the lantern the best I can do is pick a ceiling light and match the metal color.

My uppers will be white so I may be able to forgo the ceiling light?

I like the orbit light, but is it too weird for a kitchen sink light?

What light do you prefer and why?

I'm sorry if this is confusing and rambling but that is a reflection of where I am. I appreciate your input!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen light choices

This post was edited by tricia257 on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 15:52

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH