SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldrustybucket

Tuesdays Routine Lab work for med refills reveal...

oldrustybucket
15 years ago

the need for another MD visit on Friday. MD had suggested during last visit, when it's time to refill meds, "since we haven't done blood work in a while, let's plan to do a fasting blood sugar next appointment" (he probably saw something different and felt it best to double check,,,he's like that!) I really had not thought much about the blood work, it's always been kinda routine for meds, until I received a phone call a short while ago. "Ms. B this is Dr.'s office calling with your lab results"...your Vit D level is still a little low, but improved since your last checkup, your BS is however still in the high range and Dr. Z would like for you to return to the office to discuss a care plan."

WHAT???? Mind racing, always thinking the worst case senerio ...Elevated BS... = Type 1, Type 2, Insulin, Blindness, Pills, Coma ...WHAT??? Won't sleep much tonight after work, FU appointment 10:30 am on Friday.

Could this explain tiredness, bumping into walls, dizziness, blurred vision even with glasses? Thought most of this was just carelessness on my part, but now?

Need info from others who struggle with diabetes.

Comments (7)