SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puzzlefan

Separation Anxiety : Cat

puzzlefan
17 years ago

We acquired a lovely cat from a shelter. The background info was that the owner dumped her at the pound because she was using a bed for a litter box. The cat is two or three years old No problem at our house so far and none at the volunteers while she was there. Today I was watching a vet/pet show on PBS and the vet mentioned that cats will do this if they suffer from separation anxiety. It is possible that the first owner changed her daily habits and then the cat became a problem. This cat is anxious if she doesn't know where you are, very loud meowing bordering on screeching! Last night she fell asleep in the downstairs family room so we left her there. About two a.m, she woke up screaming because she didn't know where we were. As soon as I called her, she bounded upstairs to our bed, licked our faces, and then calmly laid down like nothing was wrong@! I anticipate having to leave her for several hours at a time and down want to confine her to our small bathroom. I'd appreciate any clues or hints on how to make her comfortable being alone.

Comments (6)