SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheltiemom_gw

Separation Anxiety - Mine!

sheltiemom
17 years ago

DH and I are planning to go out of town next weekend for a short 2-day pre-planned family gathering. What's the problem with that? I'm having serious mental issues about leaving Lady. Our neighbor, who has taken care of our pups in the past and does a wonderful job, is willing to take Lady in for the weekend. We've had Lady for 7 weeks now and she's settling in nicely. She still has some social issues, especially towards men, but is coming around very nicely to DH. Logically, everything will be OK. Our neighbor will do an excellent job, as per usual. It's only 2 nights and we won't be such a distance away that we can't come back if there is a problem. Plus, I have to leave Lady every day when I go to work and she's been just fine. So, the problem is with me, I guess. After losing 2 dogs in 2 months, I'm having all kinds of horrible "what if" thoughts. I know that I will have to face leaving her at some point because we do like to travel on occasion, but it just seems really hard this time. Any thoughts on how I can get over this mental block and move on?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County