SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

Separation anxiety....(and my son)

stephmc72
15 years ago

Grant is very attached to me. The only person other than me (and Brent) that he ever stays with is my mom.

Even when he's home with Brent, I'm never far from his thoughts and he frequently asks where I am. I put him to bed every night and he's quite comforted by me, and not so much my husband. His daddy is more of a playmate while mommy is the nurturing one (typical probably...)

Anyway, I was out with some friends tonight for dinner. Grant stayed with Brent. He was apparently fine until bedtime then he got really upset and wanted me. He just kept saying "mommy come home, please..." Brent said it took him a really long time to settle down and go to sleep. When I heard this, I felt my heart sink. I felt so bad for him (Grant, not DH!). Now I'm getting worried about being gone for probably 3 nights when I have the baby. It kills me to think that my poor son is going to be miserable falling asleep upset every night. I know he'll be fine, it wont scar him, he wont have nightmares or anything, but at those moments, he's upset and wondering where I am and I dont ever want him to think that I'm not there for him.

This is really bothering me. I know I'm completely hormonal right now so that isn't helping, but still...I hate thinking he might feel that way. Momma Bear just being protective I guess....

Tell me these feelings are normal.....lie if you have to! LOL

Comments (32)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!