SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_c

alternatives to Ben Moore China White

kristin_c
10 years ago

Hi,

I recently moved into a new (old) house and am in the process of repainting. In our old bedroom we had China White, which I loved, because it was the perfect soft clean color that read as white but not too stark and absolutely glowed in the morning light. I liked that it was neutral and *not* yellowy, that it looked clean and white in daylight but a little cozier and warmer at night with the curtains shut.

I know the same color can look different in a different house, though, so I made sure to try a sample of China White in our new bedroom, which has southwest light and not quite as much of it. It looks so very gray and shadowy in this room. I don't think it will work.

I also tried a sample of Dove Wing, which looks similar but lighter to China White in card form but on the wall in paint form looks a lot cooler and I worry it will be cold. I had Simply White on hand from the kitchen so I tried that -- way too white. (And in the kitchen I am currently struggling with the yellow it has.)

Should I get a sample made up of 50% China White? Will that change just the deepness/darkness of it, or make it look like a different color? Any suggestions on other whites to try?

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH