SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellacucina_gw

Help! Is this powder room vanity TOO traditional?

bellacucina
13 years ago

Our powder room is off the kitchen that we are redoing, and because of the trickle down effect, it is getting a facelift too, all because I wanted to find a use for our leftover island granite. But then my cabinet guy told me he has this cabinet in stock, that it will fit the small space, and it happens to be a great price, including mirror and granite and sink. And he was willing to have it delivered with the other cabs so I could see it and decide. So now DH loves it and wants to keep it, and I'm not hating it (it's a very well made, very substantial piece) -- but I really could use a decorator's eye, or reassurance --- or a "tell-me-like-it-is":

My kitchen is aiming to be transitional/traditional with a contemporary edge (cream cabs and dark stained cabs, dark floor, SS modern hood and fridge)

Do you think that I can use this vanity in a powder room that will be decorated with a contemporary-ish feel, like with this type of wall stencil (but maybe with a different color)? I saw these stencils on houzz and fell in love with the look:

or am I completely mixing styles in a not-good way?

Should I pick a vanity with cleaner lines? Thanks for your help!

Comments (9)