SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Quick question about alternative turkey cooking method

elba1
9 years ago

Hi folks, my sister asked yesterday if I could bring a second turkey, as she is having a bigger crowd this year and does not have oven space to cook/warm a second bird. I bought the bird; wondering the best way to go about this.
If I cook it at home, she will still need some way to keep it warm for a while (we live a half hour away and won't be eating as soon as we arrive). I don't have a Nesco roaster, but thought of buying one. I can't find any stores around here that stock it - all on-line (BB&B, Target, Walmart, PC Richard, etc.) I could do Amazon to get it Monday and try out the Prime just for the two day shipping. Someone from my house will be picking our son up from college Tuesday night, and could stop by her house on the way home with the turkey, appliance, etc. What is the best option for that second turkey? I'm thinking it's easier if it gets cooked at her house because whatever I cook it in will be hot and messy - e.g. if I did it in a Nesco, I couldn't transport the roaster because it would be too hot. She didn't like the idea of trying to grill it. If we brought the turkey on Tuesday night with ice in a cooler, would it be safe til Thurs am in her garage? (We're in the northeast, so it's cold, but is supposed to warm up some early next week.) I'm working all day Tues & Wed or would make it a day ahead, but then we'd still need that roaster to warm it up anyway. Looking for your best advice - I've never been disappointed :) - thanks!

Comments (7)