SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Counter top, rug, paint choices...please help

dreamgoddess
15 years ago

My kitchen/dining area is basically long one room separated by a big cased opening. There's alot of work that needs to be done with the major thing being a new paint job. The counter top will have to stay. A new one just isn't in the budget and actually I love the one that I have now. Yes it's pink, but I'm a pink kind of girl. lol

I'd like the cabinets and trim to be painted the same color as the fireplace in my photos below. It's a creamy white color.

I've been looking for a rug to put in the dining area and found this one below that I think is beautiful. How do ya'll think it would look with my pink counter top? I know the pinks aren't exactly the same, but there would be several feet separating them.

If the rug would work, I'd have it in the room plus the pink counter top and creamy white trim/cabinets. Any suggestions for wall color? I was debating going with a super pale pink in the kitchen and a slightly deeper shade in the dining area, but I'd love to hear everyone else's ideas for a color that would work with the rug and counter.

The link has photos of my counter top, fireplace and the rug so you can get an idea of the colors. Not sure why, but it was hard to get a good photo of the counter top. It's actually a little lighter shade of pink than it looks in the photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rug, counter top and fireplace

Comments (4)