SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Help me decide on a counter top material

neetsiepie
14 years ago

I was able to score on a nice base cabinet for my pantry reno. I'll have a tall pantry cabinet and this base cabinet, both painted satin black with a distressed finish.

The hardware will be ORB. The kitchen is done in a creamy color with an espresso glaze (walls and cabs) and the trim in the dining area is black distressed with deep cranberry red walls. Floors are a dark honey oak color HW look vinyl (for what I paid for that vinyl we could have gotten hardwood!) Kitchen counter tops and back splash are black 6" tile and the accent paint is the same cranberry red. My appliances are black. (Yeeps, this sounds so dark, but really it's quite bright!)

I don't want to do black for the small pantry countertop (it's 41"x24") and I'm open to ANY type of top. I stopped by a 'discount' granite place today to see what they had for remnants...uh, he quoted me $155-$175 for a piece that size!! I personally think that's nuts for the piece I need.

Any other suggestions? I could do granite tiles, ceramic tiles, saltillio tile, granite slab, butcher block...you name it. I want a rustic feeling top, as the kitchen is very tuscan country feeling. What color do you think would work? I'm open to ALL suggestions.

Comments (5)