SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

Traveling to Europe

joyce_6333
12 years ago

DH and I are spending 28 days in Europe (Aug/Sept). We will visit England, France, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy, ending with a 7-day cruise through the eastern mediterranean. We will be mostly traveling by rail, bus, and boat. It seems there are alot of experienced travelers here, so would you mind answering a few questions for me. we've traveled overseas to other countries, but this will be out first time in Europe.

Cell phone: Do we really need one? Do hotels have phones available for use?

Hair Dryers: Do the hotels have them? I really don't want to drag one with me on our travels.

Laundry: Are self service laundries readily available? I'm thinking "pack light", but how do you pack light for 28 days. Any packing advise would be greatly appreciated.

Purse: I've heard pick-pockets are rampant, so was thinking of getting a sling purse with a small padlock? Is there a better way?

Visa: We've been advised that we only need one for Turkey, and that we can purchase it as we get off the boat. True?

Electronics: I would like to bring my Kindle, and DH wants to bring a mini laptop. Will we be able to charge these items?

Money: Credit cards? ATMs? What's best?

Thanks so very much!!

Comments (6)