SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyloo123

Do you consider cafe doors tacky?

cindyloo123
11 years ago

I had an earlier thread where I simply asked what people thought of cafe doors. These are the partial height doors that usually swing both ways, like they always have on old west saloons.

My reason for asking was that on another decorating forum someone proposed using them on her "toilet closet" to save space.

One poster proclaimed that saloon doors are considered "trailer park", while another simply said the idea would be "so tacky".

I thought it would be an unusual and interesting way to deal with the OP's problem. I'm not saying I would opt to do it, but I was open to the idea, lol.
I asked what the basis was for the belief that they "are considered tacky" as a rule. I assumed this had been the subject of many threads, the way we have debated the use of artificial flowers/plants here and asked the writer to clarify the basis for his statement. I didn't get an answer so I thought I'd see if anyone here is under the impression that, as a general rule such doors are "tacky".

Of course "tacky" is a subjective thing. But there are numerous items that are agreed upon by the majority of people. I'm just trying to find out if cafe doors are one of those items!

Comments (21)