SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sigh_gw

Help- portable Christmas dinner?

sigh
16 years ago

OK, I need the assistance of those far wiser than I.

Every year we go out to my FIL's for Christmas day. It's about 2 hours east of us, we leave early morning & it's an all day thing. Things have been kind of crazy in that household this year & I suggested to my MIL that I bring dinner. That it would be like having it catered, I could cook everything ahead & we'd just have to reheat everything. This way we could enjoy the day with a minimum of work & mess. Plus it would be one less thing for her to deal with (shopping, planning, etc) on top of everything else. She absolutely loved the idea.

So I'm in the process of brainstorming options, nice things that I can cook the weekend before and freeze or refrigerate. The only restriction is nothing too heavily salted, like ham.

I like the seafood paella idea. While it wouldn't be an "authentic" paella, toted in it's foil pan, it would be nice. Or maybe a seafood risotto? Hmmm...seafood risotto...

Basically what I was thinking was something seafood, something meat, salad, veg & soup. But any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Nina

Comments (15)