SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Choosing my first exterior color scheme

ellusionz
10 years ago

After buying my new house last year I've finally come across enough money to have some people help me paint it. So I googled a bunch of scheme and think I've decided on what I want. Was hoping to get y'alls recommendations on how to go about making the colors look right (brand/color name/technique?) or maybe choose different ones if ya think it might not be right :)

From the photo you can see I live in a pretty rural setting in the city. My main color preference is gray and teal with some copper (or maybe stick with the brick red color). I found this gorgeous house photo I'll post in a followup I want to try to mimic, tho I know it really only looks that good because of the design of the actual house.

So my plan is to do the house in the gray, door a copper red, window and roof trim in teal. Roof itself will stay that color until it needs to be repaired (can only afford so much at once! Eventually I plan on expanding the front porch out some, to before the window on the left with fencing? around it and poles. My main idea is to make it a whimiscal/cottage garden feel which will be added on when I plant more stuff around the house.

Thanks for all your inputs! :)

This post was edited by Ellusionz on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 9:51

Comments (5)