SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponydoc_gw

Living room decorating- two very different options.....

ponydoc
16 years ago

Ready to move into our new house. The only room we will be buying ( significant) new furniture for is our living room. I have pretty much had in my head what I wanted for a long time. Floral area rug - almost leaning to mission style with some type of sage green in it and possibly some maroon. Dark brown leather furniture - sofa and club chair with ottoman. We have an antique coffee table. I was going to order the LL bean Ultralight leather.

We were shopping for other things and ran across a large overstuffed sofa with a "cottage" type feel. It's a combo of fabrics- floral and plaid cream colored with lots of red and some green and gold. Overstuffed floral ROCKING loveseat with red background and gold floral pattern. Very cute- very cottage. Believe it or not DH Loved it. Can't find it online or would post a pic. Not sure what rug to use with it.... Maybe a tan/wheat color with pattern? I am stilling wanting my leather but the sofa/loveseat floral are half the price!

So here's the room. There will be floor to ceiling book shelves ( white) to the left of the fireplace. Mantel wil be white. to the right are french doors to library.

Whaddya think?

Comments (8)