SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Free bleached all purpose flour, should I take it?

lpinkmountain
11 years ago

Our local grocery has coupons for "free" items every week. Some are items we use but some are not, but we take them anyway most of the time, since free food fills you up the same as stuff you paid for, just less expensively. So even if you don't like the Velveeta macacroni and cheese dinner, you can mix it with something else and it can extend a meal. I won't eat the sugary hydrogenated peanut butter, but BF will happily eat it on the peanut butter and banana sandwiches he takes to work. And so on. Well next week it is a free 5lb. bag of bleached all purpose flour. I use all purpose flour, but I buy the unbleached kind. I mix it with whole wheat flour when I am making most items. Is there really that much of a nutritional difference between bleached and unbleached flour? I have always figured there was, and I like the taste of the unbleached definately better. But if I'm just using it to "lighten up" whole wheat flour, will it make much of a difference? I am aware that there are other special flours I could buy, but the question is will I get any value out of this free item that is being offered?

Comments (16)