SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

The camo wedding cake

annie1992
12 years ago

OK, so I'm late. About a month late, but I promised I'd show you the mossy oak wedding cake, so here it is. The bottom layer is cheesecake, the groom dislikes cake and loves cheesecake, so I made the bottom later of the three tier cake cheesecake. You can see a couple of spots where small fingers had already "tested" the frosting decorations. (grin) I made the oak leaves and acorns out of fondant, done by hand because I couldn't find a mold or pattern or anything else to make fondant acorns. The little kids there actually ate the fondant decorations, they probably still have a sugar buzz.

The very top layer was simply topped with fondant acorns and wrapped in Mossy Oak cake wraps, it was Pixistix hot milk cake, my favorite. The middle layer was chocolate cake, also cake wrapped with Mossy Oak and topped with the semi-traditional bride dragging her groom out of the woods while the big buck gets away. The sign says "No Hunting. Just Married". Hey, bride's choice, not mine, LOL

Dave was best man and it was his job to corral the "boys". That's Philip's son Zander on the left and Bud on the right. Note the Mossy Oak ties and vests that the guys wore. The boys' black suits were left over from Amanda and Dave's wedding and Bud wore his in Ashley's wedding too, the only kid I know who is actually getting some use out of a black suit before he outgrows it!

The bride and groom. Philip is my sister's son. Monica is the bride. This is Philip's second wedding, Monica is the girlfriend that showed up on the porch of the first wife about two weeks after the wedding and announced her pregnancy. Divorce papers were promptly prepared. Yeah. Oh, he's the big brother of the "redneck Bonanza" groom.

The Princess made it into the wedding too, she wore the same chocolate dress that she wore for Amanda's wedding, and the girls had Mossy Oak sashes for the dresses. The bigger girl is Philips step-daughter, Cara. I don't know the girl in the middle:

There was a reception afterward, with the traditional potluck dinner, a pig roast and a couple of barrels of beer. I left early, about 7 pm, and took Bud and the Princess home so their parents could stay. The bride and groom had already had one argument and were well on their way to the next, the second barrel of beer had already been started and there was a couple of bottles of some kind of cherry flavored Jack Daniels making the rounds. Amanda told me the next day that she and Dave were at home by 10:30 pm, it just got "too rowdy". I guess I should have stayed, I might have gotten some really good pictures...

Although Photobucket is going crazy on me, I've resized all these pictures to "medium" and they're all different sizes. Grrrr.

Oh, but here's one last one, Bud was just so handsome that some strange woman had to grab him and kiss him!

Sorry it's sideways, Makayla took the picture and I can't make any of my computer picture programs turn it right side up!

Annie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!