SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nccmama_gw

roman or roller shades- deadline ASAP!

nccmama
16 years ago

I put in an order yesterday for some Bali roman and roller shades from an online company. I was told that the order won't go through until Monday, so now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should make any changes. You all have such good ideas and common sense! Any advice?

The roman shades are for three tall thin windows with arches above them in the family room. (Arches to be bare for now) And the roller shades are for the adjoining kitchen window and back door. The fabric will be the same for both types of shade so that they coordinate. The fabric is called Bali Plume/Russet, which is a medium brown damask.

What I'm wondering is if I should change the order to all roller shades and no romans. I know that roller shades are a bit old fashioned, but the new ones are really very pretty. I have to go with roller for the kitchen because the window is very wide (107"), and romans can't be made that wide. So, the kitchen part of the order is fine. But, any thoughts on how romans would look on three windows in the adjoining family room? The windows are 70" tall x 35" wide, and are separated by 10" of painted wall in between. Would the loops of the roman shades make the windows look too busy? I plan to cover the arches later with a faux wrought iron treatment, and maybe put up one valance over the three windows (under the arches). A matching valance would go over the wide kitchen window and kitchen door, too.

Do you think that the family room windows would look better in a roller shade instead of the looped roman?

Thanks for the help!

Comments (2)