SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Finally, my Pratt & Larson backsplash is in

amysrq
13 years ago

Well, after more than two years, two countertops, and numerous trips to NY, Boston and all points between in search of the "perfect" tile, my backsplash is in. I was nearly in tears (of joy) during the installation...it was so unbelievable that it was finally happening. This was followed by exhaustion-enduced panic that I really could have/should have done a better job with the colors. I was away all day yesterday and returned to see the finished, grouted results after dark. This morning, in the bright light of yet another snowstorm, I am actually feeling good.

The uppers in the following pics will likely be painted a lighter color. The glass will become more opaque with the addition of a film on the inside. The wall color will go asap. There are two large chips of BM Ashwood being auditioned on the upper right. I plan to look for different outlet covers and switches, but I'd rather have white than a close-but-not-quite match. Looks like my bunny need a polishing, too. :-)

I am very pleased with how the roller shades and the tile work together. I was afraid of competing textures, but I think I pulled this off pretty darn well. The colors are nearly perfect.

I have always been a "color" person. This is my first serious (and expensive) foray into neutral territory. I advise people all the time about how tricky it is mixing neutrals. At the peak of my panic the other night (4am!!) I lay in bed wondering why the hell I didn't just get a color again, like I always do. As of this moment, I am happy with the neutrals. I may have to pick a new color for the LR, which opens onto the Kitchen, but that's fun for me....no biggie.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating, the help and support I have received here over the last two years has been amazing. This is a community beyond anything I have ever witnessed IRL, at least in terms of the design process...maybe in any terms. So, a million thanks to everyone who slogged through this process with me.

Comments (33)