SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Hey, LindaC!! Cheese and chili pepper biscotti!

annie1992
14 years ago

I could have resurrected the old thread, but I wanted to be sure you saw this, it came in my email today. Yes, it's a cheese, cornmeal and chili pepper biscotti, you wanted a savory cookie, and this one came from Better Homes and Gardens. Not T&T, obviously, but interesting...

Cornmeal-Chili Pepper Biscotti

Makes: 28 cookies

1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained

2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 eggs

1/2 cup yellow cornmeal

2 cups all-purpose flour

1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl beat cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add chili peppers, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs. Beat in cornmeal and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, stir or knead in any remaining flour.

3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half of dough into a 9-inch-long loaf. Place about 5 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly to 3 inches wide.

4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.

5. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, on the cookie sheet. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 15 minutes more or until cookies are dry and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Makes 28 cookies.

They might be good dipped in scotch!!!

Annie

Comments (4)