SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Good cheeses for the grill?

jessyf
15 years ago

Friday night we are having kosher and vegetarian friends over for dinner, with lots of kids. DH has opened the outside kitchen, and he does love his grill.

My main course will be lasagna with stuff from our garden, cucumber salad (we have tons of cucs), and stewed green beans (we also have tons of mature green beans, LOL) with onions and black cardamom instead of bacon to get that smokey flavor. I'd make Ann's Greek stewed green beans but I want to keep it simple for the picky kids.

I'll get lots of other veggies for DH to grill to his hearts content - portabellas, red peppers, corn (ours isn't ready). I'll probably have him make a quesadilla recipe I found in a Nava Atlas cookbook - filling is cooked sweet potato, diced green chilis, and shredded monterey jack. Its a great recipe, truth!

Now that I'm done rambling

Question for you guys: what cheeses work well directly ON the grill, like halloumi, so he stays busy, heh heh? I'm afraid feta crumbles? Has to be animal rennet free (vegetarians). I do have Reynolds non-stick so I could go with that if need be.

TIA!

Comments (16)