SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

Need ideas for fresh vegetable/salad for BBQ lunch

shambo
9 years ago

Not coleslaw, potato, or macaroni salad. Those are covered. We're having a very informal family get together to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary November 2nd. Since we're also hosting the family Thanksgiving, I want to keep our anniversary celebration simple. So I'm picking up barbequed brisket, tri-tip, and pulled pork from a great local restaurant. They've got good coleslaw, so I'll get some of that too. And my son is crazy about their macaroni & cheese, so I'll also order a tray of that.

I'm going to make some rolls in case some want to make sandwiches. My daughter will make potato salad, and my daughter-in-law will furnish dessert. Our best friends will bring a fruit platter. There will be 11 altogether -- 8 adults, two elementary age girls, and one almost 2 year old granddaughter.

I keep thinking we need another fresh vegetable option. Maybe I'm wrong, and you can set me straight. But what would you recommend adding to this simple menu? Something in the way of an easy-to-eat salad or vegetable.

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Comments (14)