SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksblase

losing sleep over a floor!

Karenseb
10 years ago

Hi all,
I am losing sleep over getting our floors redone. It is such a big job and I have read and reread lots of posts and am just getting more confused. Such conflicting opinions!
We are in the process of getting our floors refinished in the kitchen, dining room, hall and living room. They are Brazilian Cherry that were quite damaged by the previous owners. It is over 1100 sq ft and I was going to do a Swedish Finish by Synteko. I wanted a a matte to satin Finish , but Synteko's website showed only Satin finish or glossier. The floor installer brought a sample of the finish which was a little shinier than I wanted, but close. He also brought along a waterborne finish by Pallmann that he uses. (I believe it is the X-96). We really liked the the look of the finish and he also said that this finish might not darken the Brazilian Cherry as much.

I am torn because we want durability in the kitchen floor and I am not familiar with this brand. We have no kids or dogs, but water is always falling on the floor! The floor is connected to all the rooms we are doing, so I doubt I could just refinish the kitchen without doing the whole floor again.
Pallmann also offers a X98 which is more commercial although the X-96 is rated by the company as light industrial.
Has anyone used this product (it's from Europe, has been around a long time there)? Have water borne products improved that durability is as good as a Swedish finish? Can they really keep the Brazilian Cherry from darkening as much as the Swedish finish?

Thanks
Karen

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH