SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldiba_gw

Looking for feedback on floor plan

eldiba
11 years ago

After lurking around for a while, I'm finally ready to jump in with my first post. We are looking at a complete remodel of our 1970s grandma kitchen (no more stylin' blue and pink flower basket wallpaper, warped plywood cabs, or faux brick lino -- I can't wait!).

Currently, it's just my partner, our dog, and I; but this is a long-term home so we are trying to plan for possible expansions of our human and furred family. Overall, our goal is to design a space in which both of us can cook at the same time. Other than that, our layout wants are pretty basic:
- space for small broom cupboard
- counter space beside both fridge and stove
- add DW
- maximize use of current water and stove hookups.
- counter space/storage for small appliances used often: coffee maker, espresso machine, toaster oven, toaster, and slow cooker

We do not have $ to move any walls and have 3 entryways and a chimney to work around (help!). We do not need any eat-in space in the kitchen.

This is what we have come up with so far. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've lived with a non-functional kitchen for so long, I hardly know what to look for in a good one.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals