SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vafamily

First Post - Looking for Feedback on Floor Plan

VAfamily
11 years ago

I am excited to finally join the forum after quietly lurking around for the past six months. I have read every thread and I have already learned so much that I can only say "thank you" to everyone for your contributions in the past. IMO this is the best home building forum on the web.

Little background on why I decided to join. We are in process of building our first custom home and are hoping to break ground in late September. We purchased our land and are working with a builder to finalize our floor plans. Our new home will be in the tradional Georgian style with a brick exterior on a walkout (unfinished) basement.

Our main concern is probably the same as everyone who is building for the first time - will our paper design translate into the home that makes sense? We took a stock plan and made major modifications and we are worried with all that change could have created a problem that we wont realize until its too late. We would love your thoughts - all suggestions/thoughts/ideas are welcomed and appreciated!

Here is the first floor:

Comments (24)