SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Where to find pasta plates

Lars
14 years ago

Last night I was making pasta (rotelli with marinara sauce), and I was getting tired toward the end while the pasta was boiling, and so I asked DB to strain the pasta over the plates in the sink (to heat them up) and then serve the pasta. Well, he dropped one of the pasta plates and broke it, and I only had two that matched. These two I had gotten in a thrift store, and that's all they had, but they were perfect for pasta. Lori also sent me a couple in a swap, and I broke one of those as well. Now I need to get new pasta plates, and possibly a whole new set of dishes so that we'll have a matched set. I like the pasta plates that have a flat rim (not too big) and reasonably deep, to hold the pasta. I have one pasta/soup bowl that has a very wide rim, and I like that also, but I tend to use it mainly for soup.

When I did an internet search for pasta plates, most of the ones I found were in UK, and I would like to buy domestic plates. I'm open to different styles, as long as the shape is what I want. The ones I got in the thrift store had a confetti looking 80s pattern on the rim and were white inside. I'd prefer something a bit more contemporary, however. We're ready to get rid of most of our old dishes if we can replace them with something suitable.

Do you use pasta plates, and if so, where did you get them?

Lars

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths