SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bikemanswife

Bedroom chair -- do you use yours?

16 years ago

What I mean is, do you use it for SITTING ever, or does it just collect clothes and other stuff you need to set down?

We have a corner in our bedroom that sorely needs something. We used to have a chair there, but I sold it on craigslist because to me it always smelled funny and I just wanted it gone. I thought I would replace it with a small leather armchair, but now I'm wondering if there's a better choice. I mean, we never EVER sat in the chair that was there, and not because it had it's peculiar aroma. It never occurs to either one of us to go hang out in the bedroom and be anything other than completely horizontal. I can't stand the though of spending all that $$ on a chair and having it be nothing more than a place for DH to put his pajamas.

In fact, craigslist has got me thinking that most bedroom chairs are not used as chairs, because as I hunt for a bargain chair, I've seen lots of people sell their "bedroom chairs" as "essentially new, never used."

So then the question becomes, if not a chair, then what? Do you have a chair and do you use it? Do you have something other than a chair, and if so, what? Would you, could you, share a picture?

Here's what our BR looked like "before":

And here's "after":

Thank you all!

Comments (30)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH