SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanpn

Your opinion needed: look/feel of white vs stainless appliances

susanpn
15 years ago

I had planned on stainless appliances for my new kitchen but don't want to rule out white. My cabs will be white, counters dark wood and dark quartz, light hardwood (brown maple) floors. I am going for a craftsman/arts and crafts based look with some eclectic details (handblown glass cabinet knobs)

How do you think the look and feel would be different with white versus the stainless? I can envision the stainless and definitely like it but white was suggested by a friend as another option. I am thinking it might make it too modern having so much white? Or maybe it would just blend in better and throw the focus to the counters/cabs/details instead of drawing the eye to the appliances? (Electrolux, no high-end stoves or anything)

I am still leaning toward stainless because it's timeless and goes with everything and I can picture it looking good. I just haven't seen photos to give me a better idea about the white and would hate to miss out on something I would like even better than the stainless! ( And obviously I don't have any photos to photoshop in the appliances for comparison!) This is a purely esthetic decision.

Thanks!

Comments (42)