SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
womanofthetides

a bit overwhelmed, srtating with the entrance

womanofthetides
10 years ago

Hi, this is a first time post so bear with me. I have recently moved into this new old house. It's considered a Craftsman. The first day I took possession, I ripped out the jungle surrounding the front of the house. The door sill is rotted because the poured cement cracked over the years....This repair has morphed into me wanting to move the front door more towards the center and replacing it with a recently procured dutch door (used), I want to add an overhang - I really would love a porch across the front but am unwilling to block the light that comes in (house faces due South). I would do the tapered post(s) thing with stone bases. Is there a photo shop service that one could avail themselves of? I'm uploading 2 pictures, one 'before' and one 'current', I'm here to create the 'after'! At this point my thoughts are to put the front door almost directly under the second story window on the left. I would prefer it to be in the center but the inside config doesn't allow this. I would have an overhang, side stairs from the driveway coming into the deck (not seen from the street)as well as front steps and path to the street. The deck would extend the full width of the front and somehow there would be a trellis type roof to the left and right of the overhang extending to the ends? Am I crazy. I want o anchor the house. It's about 20 ' from a fairly busy street so I don't see myself spending much time there. I uploaded 2 pictures but I see only one...the 'current'

Comments (29)