SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

Alexa, Now I'm in a quandary.

centralcacyclist
16 years ago

I made Sheshebops famed Spinach Brownies as a lunch dish not long ago with sliced tomatoes in a balsamic dressing. Thought they were darn yummy and so easy. I am invited to an annual Halloween potluck (18 years for me) and decided to make these in mini muffin tins to take. But after reading Alexa's "thought they were awful" comment on the No-Peek thread I'm wondering! I like these a lot but my tastes aren't everyone's. Would it be better to make spanakopita? Or filo triangles with spinach filling? Or is there something I can still do in the mini muffin tins with spinach-cheese-filo? I promised a spinach-cheese appetizer so I have to take something in that vein. Filo is fiddly but it's the only thing I can think of right now to replace the other.

What didn't you like, Alexa? I thought the recipe would benefit from a sharp cheddar rather than a mild one but that would be the only change I'd make the next time around. I also added garlic and a pinch of nutmeg, both of which I like with spinach.

I see this family once or twice a year though we talk on the phone from time to time. Busy attorneys. I want to redeem myself for the grocery store assembled enchiladas I showed up with last year. I'm surprised they invited me back!

Comments (20)