SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cinlo

Standard Curtains Too Short or Too Long!

cinlo
16 years ago

I'm asking a number of questions on many different aspects of my family room as I try to redo/update, and I so appreciate all of your comments and suggestions!

My next questions concern window treatments. Before having children, I had taken 10-12 yards of a beautiful sheer material and draped it over the current rods to create a lovely effect. When DS1 became mobile, they quickly ended up on the floor (too tempting for little hands). Meanwhile, I became pregnant with DS2, and in a flurry of pregnancy hormones, I made a quick purchase of some tab curtains (84" panels). Now that I'm really re-examining my details, I see that they are too short, plus they may not be the right color for our current paint. I don't think it will work to lower the rods, because then the tabs on the panels would hang in front of the window instead of above it. If I get longer panels (95"), they will be too long. I can't raise the rods too high because of the crown molding, and the ceilings are only 8'. We can't really afford custom window treatments right now, and I don't sew. What are our options? I have the double window and 2 single windows in this room of our 70's ranch style home. Thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer