SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiagrace

Texturing plaster walls?

Kiagrace
11 years ago

We are in the process of buying a 1910 brick house and I don't want to screw it up like so many of the old houses we looked at on the market. Please forgive my ignorance, but is it a horrible thing to use texture paint on plaster walls to hide some of the imperfections? The walls aren't in terrible shape, but they aren't perfect either. In our current house (drywall) I really regretted not finding texture paint for the wall until I had already painted several rooms. (We gutted the house. It hadn't been touched since it was built in the 50s.) It really helped cover the boo boos in the walls. Should I use this on plaster, or is this a horrible idea? We are having to replace the knob and tube wiring, roof, etc., so don't really have the resources to replaster all of the walls. I know there will be holes from the electrical I'll have to get fixed, and of course the plaster guy I called to try to get some idea of that cost recommends replastering all of the walls, even though he has never seen them. Advice?

Comments (11)