SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connieinnd

Dieting and watching what you eat

nodakgal
16 years ago

I have never had a problem with my weight til I started taking pills to help me sleep! A year after starting them I'd gained 12 pounds. Now a year and a half later I am up to about 20 pounds. I can't keep on this way without doing something.

I need to lose at the minimum 10 pounds before the wedding.(Wedding in October) 20 pounds would be wonderful. Keeping it off would be good too! I don't think I have ever ate like what I do now! I mean everything is tasting great! LOL

I KNOW I need more exercise, and come spring I guess I shall commit to walking the dogs, don't ask me where I will find the time but I am going to have to. Right now its too blame cold and icy out and thats the excuse I am sticking too! ;)

SO anyway, I found this article and apparently have to also drink more water, I am not good at that either.

Apparently I should start counting calories and limit them.

I want to eat plain meals and not diet food, not sugar substitutes and diet sodas (rarely have pop anyway)DH hates chicken and fish and doesn't like much pork. So I guess I shall be buying lean beef. I hate to think of cooking seperate meals.

Do you think I can do this myself? LOL Or should I try Weight Watchers? Is it even worth it to join WW for 20 pounds?

Any hints or tips? Any sites for counting calories?

Here is a link that might be useful: USA Today article

Comments (27)