SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heartspeace

where do I eat and where do I watch TV

heartspeace
11 years ago

I was going to post this in the message about the lady who is having problem with the kitchen next to her living room, but didn't want to hijack the thread.

okay 1st you should know is I have a set floor plan and structure cannot change. Is not a true customhouse but a lot of it is custom after the main structure

on the main floor I have kitchen which is open to the family room. the family room then goes next to the stairs and then on the left is the dining room. the dining room is parallel to the living room and in between the dining room and the living room is the entranceway. the bathroom is right around the corner from the living room which the small hallway also goes into the laundry room which then goes into the garage.

there is a wall that is between the kitchen and the dining room. of the family room and the kitchen is a little bit small. there is a fireplace in the family room. there is a island in the middle of the kitchen.

I was going to the family room into the living room, but then had to rule against that idea because that would put the TV into what was the living room and then the noise go into the dining room because there is no barrier between the two.

I then thought of getting rid of the feeling room entirely and just moving it downstairs. that would allow me to expand the kitchen and have a proper place to eat more than three people with the exception of the dining room.

my significant other doesn't want a TV on that level or on the upstairs level at all, but she says in the end it's my decision. with all the consequences that may bring to bear. the other thing is with the smaller family room the TV maybe too high for our necks due to the elevator that has to be put in on the backside of the family room across from where the fireplace is.

I still wanted the main floor to have a tv. but I really want to place for a kitchen table also hold more than three people, or should I just get used to the dining room being the place to eat?

Any idea where to eat and/or put the TV for TVs?

the last part of this is I am handicapped and although I can walk some I cannot really sit in the normal position I have to be reclined. I also cannot carry too much.

hp

Comments (18)