SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purple_jade

intro and my clutter story

Purple_Jade
19 years ago

Hi: My name is Jade. On Christmas day it will be 6 months we've been in this house, and I have been overwhelmed for the whole time! This is a large 4 bedroom house that we bought in rather rough condition, and far from clean to say the least. We lived out of bins for the first long long while (still are to a point) because I wouldn't use any kitchen and bathroom cupboards or closets in the house until they were cleaned and painted. I have been reading a lot of the posts here, and think this is my 2nd post, and am so pleased at the fast response, especially being so close to Christmas.

As far as Christmas goes I had originally planned to have Christmas day here, having no idea that my house would not be ready on time. Christmas will be at my mom's as usual, and as far as Christmas decorations in my house go, all I'm doing is unpacking out of boxes, purging what I don't need, and storing the rest in plastic bins. I have all my wrapping supplies in 1 large flat bin and will try to finish Christmas shopping today!

I joined the flylady site, and my sink is soaking in bleach as I type. I have been getting a LOT more done, with help from the posts here and the flylady, and because I can't stand living out of control and in such a cluttered unfinished house any longer!

I also watch all the declutter shows on t.v. and it all seems so easy until I start to purge. I purge, but never enough. I am getting better though, I'm really in the mood, and in no mood for Christmas because all I want to do is paint and clean!

My goal is to have a totally clutter free house with a place for everything. I don't know how long this will take, but the flylady site seems like it will surly help me, especially because I've always been big into making lists. I have started some of her methods on my own before even knowing about her site, but stopped, not knowing that I was really onto something, just another idea I had that didn't seem to work in the end, but only because I gave up!

Sorry for such a long post, but my clutter is ruining my life, I never feel like I have free time, always some kind of cleaning I should be doing, yet nothing ever gets done!

I tend to do a little in this room, a little in that, then back to this room, then upstairs to another. I don't get any immediate gratification this way, but can't help it, it's just the way I work.

Any hints or suggestions or words of encouragement would be appreciated!

thanks!

Jade

Comments (7)