SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bradesp

Seek Input on White Wash / Painting of my Brick 2 Story Home

bradesp
17 years ago

HI All,

We have a two story colonial style home built in 1989 here in Raleigh. It's BORING! The brick isn't tumbled or oversized, and the color itself lends to the cold look.

We're in the middle of a massive makeover... Bathrooms were first (now gorgeous!) with 18 inch travertine tiles, clawfoot tub, cherry cabinets, gorgeous shower, etc. Have repainted / remodeled the bedroom, dining and living room. Family room is next with us replacing the brick fireplace with stone. After that the Kitchen. French Casual Country with more emphasis on the casual is the feel were going for.

Now that the inside is on track We're now moving to the exterior. We're looking for a more laid back / casual curb appeal that fits the emerging personality of our remodeled home (and it's ocupants!).

We're going to put a full front porch on as a starter. We're also considering a white wash or paint for the outside.

I know, I know, why paint brick? Cuz it's ugly and cold.

So have any of you painted or white washed an entire two story home before? If so, any regrets? Any tips on how to paint or white wash to minimize the frequency of repainting?

Thanks!!!

bradesp

Comments (34)