SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessdmiller

Intro and please critique my plan

jessdmiller
13 years ago

Hello! We are meeting to get our final plans laid out tonight and then we can get started with this whole crazy fun process. We will be owner/builders so I'm sure that I will need your expertise here and there. DH's father is a GC and he's helped his father a lot but you never know what might pop up. I've lurked here for a couple years so I know you all have great information.

The house will sit on 2.5 acres. The front will face south with a slight angle to the east. It will back up pretty close to the property line(because it's the highest elevation point) so all our ground will stretch in front of us. There will be a walkout basement on the east end. It will be a "new old house" with lots of woodwork and a craftsman feel. 1500 sq ft ranch with full basement so 3000 sq ft living space.

{{gwi:1477114}}

Basement:

{{gwi:1477115}}

I'm slightly worried about having a large porch on the front of the house for light reasons but I know that it will be used a lot. We have a baby and plan to have more children so I will sit out there while they play in the yard. We also live in a town of 500 people and know everyone so we like to sit out front to see people pass by. Most of it will also be screened (I'm sure adding to the darkness factor). There will be 5 ft of windows above the kitchen sink and the back door in the dining area will be full or half light which will help.

Looking forward to becoming a regular!

Comments (13)